At Trinity Gardens School we are regularly looking for volunteers. There are lots of different roles and ways to help.
Across our school we have many types of volunteers from Class Representatives (every class needs one) to Governing Council members, to those interested in listening to reading, going on excursions to support your child’s class or assisting in Stephanie Alexander Kitchen and Garden classes. We have lots of grandparents volunteering too!
Who can help?
Anyone can apply to volunteer. There are some expectations that our school has for our volunteers. Our staff will guide you through what’s involved. Volunteers can come from all walks of life. You might be just who we need if you:
- Are compassionate and kind
- Care about children
- Want to help young people feel confident and grow
- Enjoy helping others
When can you help?
When you help depends on what you want to do. If you’re free:
- On a weekday, you could help children with their reading, or work in the garden or library
- On weeknights or weekends, you could join a committee or help with a working bee
- Only for an hour here and there, every little bit helps – no matter what you’re doing
How can you help?
These are just some of the ways you can help. You could:
- Help children with their reading and numeracy
- Be involved on the Governing Council, Sub Committees and/or Parent Representative
- Help with a working bee – maintain Portrush Forest
- Share your culture
- Coach a sports team
- Help develop life skills
- Help with camps and excursions
- Work in the garden
- Be on a committee
- Help in the library
- Help with fundraising
How to apply
To volunteer at TGS (or at any Department for Education school), both the WWCC (Working with Children Clearance) and the RRHAN-EC (Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care) mandatory notification training are required. Please contact the School Office for the relevant forms. Completed forms and required documentation including those in the attachments below are to be returned to the School Office.
Please contact [email protected] for further information about gaining your certificates to volunteer at Trinity Gardens School.